Your Consumer Rights as in accordance with the Consumer Contract Regulations of 2014
Your Right to Cancel
You have 14 days after you receive your order to cancel. If you change your mind you will need to get in touch with us to let us know that you wish to return your fabric. You may then return the fabric to us, please be sure to obtain proof of postage. Upon receipt of your return we will inspect the fabric to ensure it has not been subjected to excessive handling. If it has then a deduction may be applied at our discretion as we will no longer be able to resell the fabric at the full value. Your refund which will be processed no later than 14 days after we receive your returned fabric. The cost of return postage to us and your original postage charge will not be refunded to you.
Details of Goods
All details of our products can be found on each product page. These include the weight of the fabric, details and scale of the print and number of metres that you can order. Please check these before placing your order. The delivery charges will be calculated at the checkout after entering your address details and these are based on the total weight of your order. More details on our delivery options can be found on our Delivery Page.
Flaws and Refunds for Faulty Fabric
Our fabrics have an advertised width of 155cm and a usable fabric width of at least 150cm. This means that the fabric including the selvages should be at least 155cm (it is usually around 160-165cm) and there will be at least 150cm of fabric width that can be used for sewing purposes. This is subject to a 5-10cm tolerance on either side of the width. With short run printed fabrics it is not unusual for small flaws to be found along the selvedge, within 5cm of the fabric edges including starched edges, this is completely normal. If you find you have any less than 150cm usable fabric width please get in touch with us.
Sometimes the edges of the fabric can have excess starch that has been deposited during the manufacturing process. If you find that you have less than 150cm of usable fabric width, please get in touch with use immediately and we will work quickly to find a resolution for you.
We do try our best to find any flaws while cutting and will normally place these cuts into the seconds area on the website. Occasionally some flaws may go unnoticed due to the volume of fabric being cut, in this case please get in touch with us straight away, prior to washing your fabric so we can arrange a resolution.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your fabric, flaws or otherwise, please contact us within 14 days of receiving your fabric and we can arrange either a discount, an exchange, or a refund on return, depending on the issue and current stock levels. If fabric has been washed, cut, or sewn by yourself it will not be eligible for any refunds.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Second Star Fabric, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Second Star Fabric and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Second Star Fabric and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Second Star Fabric, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Second Star Fabric. This content is protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All artistic works produced by Second Star Fabric are also protected internationally under the Berne Convention.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Second Star Fabric or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Second Star Fabric makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Second Star Fabric is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst Second Star Fabric uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. Second Star Fabric accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. Second Star Fabric reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Second Star Fabric accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Second Star Fabric details
23. Second Star Fabric is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10942806 whose registered address is 2 Church Road, Mablethorpe, LN12 2EW, and it operates the Website https://secondstarfabric.co.uk. The registered VAT number is GB343060045.
You can contact Second Star Fabric by email on email@example.com.